20 Ocak 2015 Salı

VİVA LA VİDA TASK SHEET 


The Poem About the King

I used to rock the world
Birds would keep quiet when I sang
Now in the morning I am alone
I can't even remember the songs that I used to sing

I used to shatter the records
Make millions sing along 
Listen as the crowd would sing my songs
"Now he is coming to stage!"

One minute I was the king of rock 'n roll
Next somebody else had the dice rolled 
I discovered that my era was long over
And there was no way to recover


























The original song

I used to rule the world
Seas would rise when I gave the word
Now in the morning I sleep alone 
Sweep the streets I used to own

I used to roll the dice 
Feel the fear in my enemy's eyes
Listen as the crowd would sing,
"Now the old king is dead! Long live the king!"

One minute I held the key
Next the walls were closed on me
And I discovered that my castles stand 
Upon pillars of salt and pillars of sand


Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder